A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Today on the PowerScripting Podcast we have an awesome roundtable discussion with guests Jeffrey Snover, Keith Hill, Oisin Grehan, and Joel Bennett. We’ve also got news, tips, and some contest winners to announce.
The news is brought to you by Idera
â€œWhatâ€™s better than getting the new version of PowerShellPlus for $79? …… Getting it for FREE! … Tobias Weltner, well-known PowerShell guru, has partnered with Idera Software to bring you PowerShellPlus Professional Edition. The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive help center.Â Idera is offering listeners of this podcast a special deal. Download the beta during the month of September, and while supplies last, you get PowerShellPlus free. Go towww.idera.com/podcastpeople to download the beta.Â When PowerShellPlus goes GA at the end of September, Idera will automatically send you a license keyâ€¦for free.â€
- VMware has released VMware Infrastructure Toolkit (for Windows) 1.0 Update 1 to address some performance issues that some users had encountered.
- Marco Shaw blogged about an upcoming V2 book that he co-authored – Windows PowerShell 2.0 Unleashed
- Jeff Hicks blogged that his Managing Active Directory with PowerShell book is in the last stages of editing and should be available soon
- Icomasoft has released VI PowerScripter
- Quest has announced the winners of sprint 1 of the PowerPack contest. You can read about the results on Dmitry’s blog.
Quest Software is sponsoring a PowerShell Scripting contest where you can test your skills and get paid. Just create some cool PowerShell scripts using Questâ€™s PowerGUI and then post them to our site. Youâ€™ll get a score and our celebrity judges will weigh in as well.
Do you have the muscle to bring home the prize? Check out the details here.
This segment is brought to you by iTripoli!
Admin Script Editor (which recently received Windows IT Pro’s top award) provides a true integrated scripting environment for PowerShell.Â Advanced features include an integrated PowerShell debugger, advanced code generating tools for Active Directory, Databases, XML files and more.Â Let’s not forget about the exclusive PowerShell forms designer.Â Come see for yourself– Admin Script Editor v3.5 is availble for a 45 day trial at AdminScriptEditor.com.
- Determine the Windows <domain> – microsoft.public.windows.powershell
- Richard Siddaway’s Blog: Date Display
Stuart H. writes:
“My observation is that the show is not really about learning Powershell anymore is it? It’s more a Powershell magazine now, with the interviews and prizes and all that jazz. When was the last time you reviewed a Powershell book? Holger Switzenbergers Powershell book came out and didn’t get a mention… Not a complaint though!! I LOVE IT the way it is but I’d quite like more Powershell instructional stuff too.”
- Congratulations to Stefan D, he won a copy of PrimalScript Enterprise for guessing Alex Riedel’s country of origin (Germany).
- Congrats also to Robbie F.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â