A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Today on the PowerScripting Podcast we have MVP Systems in the house to talk about JAMS. Â And we have a TON of news from PDC to report!
WantÂ toÂ makeÂ WindowsÂ PowerShellÂ easierÂ thanÂ everÂ toÂ learnÂ andÂ master?Â CheckoutÂ Idera’sÂ PowerShellPlusÂ ProfessionalÂ EditionÂ whichÂ isÂ nowÂ availableÂ forÂ download!Â TheÂ newÂ versionÂ hasÂ vastlyÂ improvedÂ codeÂ completionÂ andÂ aÂ slickÂ interactiveÂ LearningÂ Center.Â GoÂ toÂ www.idera.com/PodcastPeopleÂ toÂ getÂ yourÂ copyÂ today!
- Wow! Were do we start? HowÂ about 574 cmdlets
- Rumor: IBM will be providing cmdlets for hardware management
- Powershell will be installed by default on Windows Server 2008 R2 and W7
- TechEd Barcelona is coming up next week and several MVPs will be there
- meson : ## What is the cost of the product or what is the customer base small/middle/enterprise/etc?
- glnsize : ##are these task’s or is there an agent
- trac3r726 : ## Any Reporting with charts for Management?
- glnsize : ## soon to be psremoting/wsman?
- ## any way to send jobs to run on server core, perhaps for speed/reliability?
- rfoust : ## how does saasmonitor scale?
- rfoust : ## can it integrate w/ existing monitoring for a central dashboard?
- rfoust : ## can you do user-experience monitoring, like adding a jmeter script or something?
- 10 Cool Things to do with the Powershell (12 min video)Â -Â This demo shows some of the neat things you can do with PowerShell with regards to server administration. There are 10 demos you can run through ranging from simple queries for services to enumerating information in Active Directory. Some of the scripts use lists of computers, some prompt for a computername. Each script shows a different thing you can do with PowerShell to quickly create administration scripts.
- Precision Computing – Introduction to PowerShell Presentation
- PowerShell Code Repository – Compare-ADÂ -Â A set of functions (and sample code using them) to create snapshots of user accounts in the current Active Directory domain save them in an xml file, and then compare live AD environment against that XML
- VMware: VI Toolkit (for Windows): Not Another Suite of Scripts!
- PoshRSS -Â is a web application for creating RSS feeds from PowerShell. The output of any PowerShell command/script is displayed as an RSS feed. The primary goal of PoshRSS is to provide system administrations the ability to leverage PowerShell + RSS to aggregate system information across many systems.
Don’t forget our challenge from last week. Â If you submit a solution, we’ll feature it on the show and the website, and you’ll get a little something for your trouble. Â :) Â Here is the email from Dale which we forgot to put in last week’s show notes: