The Scripting Games are a free, six-week event that let you practice your scripting skills, exercise your creativity, and get a variety of new perspectives on how to approach and conquer production-style challenges!
The Games were originated by the Microsoft Scripting Guys, hosts of the Microsoft Script Center (an excellent source of educational articles, with a great script repository). In 2013, the Games were handed off to the community to grow and flourish even more!
During the Games, you’ll compete in either the Beginner or Advanced tracks, solving problems. The entire PowerShell community is welcome to view and vote on entries, awarding a CrowdScore to each. In addition, our expert judges will offer commentary on their most- and least-favorite entries, and explaining what they liked or didn’t like. Finally, our Mighty Panel of Celebrity Judges awards top places – and prizes – in each event and track.
Prizes abound! You can win for top place in an event, for being the top competitor overall in your track, or for earning the highest CrowdScore in each event. Even those who just vote on entries, without competing themselves, can win – each vote earns you a Pointlet, and each Pointlet is a chance to win some great prizes.
Do you Tweet? Use hashtag #PSH2013 for the Games.
- Get started by reading the 2013 Competitor Guide – even if all you’d like to do is view and vote.
- Download the Instructions for Competitors and Spectators, which explains how to use the Scripting Games Web site.
- Review the 2013 Scripting Games schedule and download practice events.
- Meet our Mighty Panel of Celebrity Judges and our Expert Judges and Commentators.
- Read the Judges’ Notes posted during the event, including the ones that our judges are posting in their own blogs.
- And, perhaps most importantly, Register for the Scripting Games and begin the competition!
- If you’re voting, consider these suggestions for how to assign your score.
- Once an event is over and the prizes awarded, we’ll post its entries in our permanent archive (no login required).
And thanks also to our prize sponsors and operating participants: