A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
We have a great show lined up for you today.Â We’ll be talking with Brandon Shell (PowerShell MVP) and Steve Murawski (Mind of Root podcast co-host) in a roundtable discussion.Â And of course we have news, tips, resources, and more!
Thanks to iTripoli for sponsoring this segment.
“Admin Script Editor provides a true integrated scripting environment for PowerShell.Â Advanced features include an integrated PowerShell debugger, advanced code generating tools for Active Directory, Databases, XML files and the exclusive PowerShell forms designer.Â Come see for yourself– Admin Script Editor v3.5 is availble for a 45 day trial at AdminScriptEditor.com.”
- VMWare is kicking off a PowerShell scripting contest
- 1st prize: Airfare, hotel and admission to VMWorld 2008 in Las Vegas
- 2nd prize: Macbook air with VMWare Fusion
- 3rd prize: XBox 360 Elite
- Marco Shaw is doing NetCmdlets presentation for the UK User group on July 31st
- PowerShell Team Blog : PowerShell Build Environment for Windows SDK – The Windows SDK team would like your feedback on what features you would like most in a future Windows SDK. One of your choices is a PowerShell Build Environment.
- Introducing psake – James KovacsÂ – psake is a build automation tool written in PowerShell. It avoids the angle-bracket tax associated with executable XML by leveraging the PowerShell syntax in your build scripts.
Today’s roundtable is brought to you by Quest Software.
Do you have what it takes to be the ultimate script warrior? Find out with Questâ€™s PowerPack Challenge â€™08.
Quest Software is sponsoring a PowerShell Scripting contest where you can test your skills and get paid. Just create some cool PowerShell scripts using Questâ€™s PowerGUI and then post them to our site. Youâ€™ll get a score and our celebrity judges will weigh in as well.
Do you have the muscle to bring home the prize? Check out the details here.
Here are a few notes from the panel discussion:
- “How to help the IT firefighter learn a new scripting language”
- how to make time?
- WMI classes
- training classes
- Covering too much V2?Â <sepeck> well, more thaqt there is this whole world of people who still are just discovering that there are basics to cover.
- Hal brings us a couple of scripts for saving credentials
- Getting Started with PowerShell 2 – Part 3
- Video of Ben Pearce’s session from TechEd about PowerShell and WMI has been posted
- Jeffery Hicks has been busy over at the Sapien blog
- noble musings: Spreading Exchange 2007 mailboxes between databases with PowerShell
- Precision Computing – PowerShell Execution Policies in Standard Images – Once in awhile, we get questions about the best practice for PowerShell’s execution policy when it is included as part of a standard desktop image. This is one of the main reasons that PowerShell ships with a “Restricted” execution policy.
- PowerShellers: The “#requires” statement