A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Today on the PowerScripting Podcast we will be speaking Alex Riedel, lead developer for PrimalScript at SAPIEN Technologies.Â While he was on he gave away a bunch of great prizes to the people on Ustream (see what you missed?) We also have a contest for a copy of PrimalScript at the end of the show if you missed it live.
Today's interview is brought to you by Quest.
Do you have what it takes to be the ultimate script warrior? Find out with Questâ€™s PowerPack Challenge â€™08.
Quest Software is sponsoring a PowerShell Scripting contest where you can test your skills and get paid. Just create some cool PowerShell scripts using Questâ€™s PowerGUI and then post them to our site. Youâ€™ll get a score and our celebrity judges will weigh in as well.
Do you have the muscle to bring home the prize? Check out the details here.
- John Noble blogged about new PowerShell book in the works from Richard Siddaway "PowerShell in Practice"
- Richard Siddaway is doing a Powershell talk in Sweden on Sept 16th
- The PowerShell Guy : PowerTab V2 Examples - Mow's putting some cool stuff into PowerTab v.next
- Change of the Guard at the Scripting Center - New Scripting Guys: Ed Wilson and Craig Liebendorfer
- From Keith Hill's blog PowerShell has moved up to #15 on the TIOBE Programming Community Index
This segment is brought to you by iTripoli!
What can you really do with PowerShell?Â With Admin Script Editor the question becomes what can't you do with PowerShell?Â Besides all the advanced code generating tools this is the only tool offering a true PowerShell Forms Designer.Â To illustrate what can be done the guys at iTripoli created a full-featured MP3/Podcast player written entirely in PowerShell and delivered as a single script.Â Check it out at adminscripteditor.com/player.
We had a great talk with Alex Riedel, listen to the show to hear it!
- Using conditional operators from BSonPosh "-not(match|like)"
- Aleksandar has a blog post on using an LDAP query instead of "Where"
- Advanced Microsoft SQL Server PowerShell Tips and Tricks
- Pimp your prompt!
- Jonathan's VDM script goodness
- Get PDF version of files > Windows PowerShell Discussion Forums > PowerShellCommunity.org - On this thread from PowerShellCommunity.org, Shay found out how to read the PDF version in a one-liner
- script to find local group members (http://poshcode.org/544 )
- script wrapper for netstat (http://poshcode.org/560 )