In This Episode
Today on the PowerScripting Podcast we are interviewing the author, speaker and IT Pro Greg Shields.Â We’ve also got news, resources, and tips! Also, we are going to give away two Sapien Press books. Be sure to listen till the end to hear how to win!
Quest Software is sponsoring a PowerShell Scripting contest where you can test your skills and get paid. Just create some cool PowerShell scripts using Questâ€™s PowerGUI and then post them to our site. Youâ€™ll get a score and our celebrity judges will weigh in as well.
Do you have the muscle to bring home the prize? Check out the detailsÂ here.
- Dmitry hasÂ announced the releaseÂ of PowerGui 1.5.2
- RunAs Radio #75 Michiel Wories Uses Powershell with SQL Server!
- Jeff Hicks has posted a follow up to a question from our last show calledÂ PowerShell HurdlesÂ
- PowerPack Challenge Countdown
- There is now anÂ installation guide available for PoshBoard
- Dmitry hasÂ posted a linkÂ to a 10 minute video from VMWorld on Managing VMWare with PowerShell
- JAMS job scheduling software includes PowerShell snapin
Our interview is brought to you by iTripoli
Admin Script Editor (which recently received Windows IT Pro’s top award) provides a true integrated scripting environment for PowerShell.Â Advanced features include an integrated PowerShell debugger, advanced code generating tools for Active Directory, Databases, XML files and more.Â Let’s not forget about the exclusive PowerShell forms designer.Â Come see for yourself– Admin Script Editor v3.5 is availble for a 45 day trial atÂ AdminScriptEditor.com.
- PowerShell dig (nslookup) Cmdlet!
- The PowerShell Guy (//o//) – has started aÂ cool seriesÂ where he wraps robocopy for PowerShell
- Lance Robinson posted the other two entries to the Netcmdlets contest from a few weeks ago:
- Lee Holmes posted aÂ script to provide suggestionsÂ while you are using PowerShell
- Keep a local copy of the SysInternals tools up to date with thisÂ script from Shay Levy
Cmdlet of the Week
Our cmdlet this week is Stop-Process.
Two of you can win your choice of books from SAPIEN Press. To win, you need to write a review of our podcast. The review must be at least a full paragraph, no “<3” entries please 🙂 Â . Â We would prefer for you to post the review in iTunes because we get a lot of traffic that way, but if you don’t use iTunes, that’s ok. Â You can post your review on PodcastAlley or any other forum or your own blog.
To send in your entries, just let us know how your name appears in iTunes, or the URL of the review you have posted online. We’ll give away the books on Episode 44, that’s two from now.