A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Today on the PowerScripting Podcast we interview Lee Holmes, author of Windows PowerShell Cookbook and developer on the PowerShell team.Â And as usual we’ve also got news, tips, resources and more.
When it comes to scripting, youâ€™re a warrior. But mighty warriors need mighty tools!
For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“ download PowerGUI today.
- We finally have someÂ release schedule information for PowerShell v2 from Dmitry
- Sapien has releasedÂ PrimalForms
- The stakes have risen for our PowerShell Challenge with DB4o! – Community News : db4o Powershell Provider Challenge – with prizes
- Marco Shaw is holding aÂ PowerShell Virtual User Group meeting on Nov 13th at 12PM EST
We had a great interview with Lee Holmes, be sure to listen. You can find his blog at leeholmes.com/blog, and also check out his books!
This segment is brought to you by Idera:
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera’s PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go to www.idera.com/PodcastPeople to get your copy today!
- Jonathan Medd posted a cool panel discussion on theÂ Get-Scripting Podcast Ep4
- Dr. Tobias Weltner is doing anÂ online powershell book
- It looks like Microsoft is starting to do someÂ PowerShell training
- //o// noticed that The Scripting Guys areÂ putting out some new PowerShell content
- PowerShell Posters – search for PowerShell
- Jeffrey’s talk from PDC: ES24: Using PowerShell To Create Manageable Web Services
- Gotcha: MS Data Protection Manager cmdlets don’t support -Confirm:$false – Marco Shaw to the rescue! Setting $ConfirmPreference = ‘none’ prevents the prompt when that is desirable.
- If you’d like to win a copy of one of Lee Holmes books, simply leave us feedback on iTunes, Podcast Alley, or on your own blog. We have four books to giveaway! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know where to see your review.
- Don’t forget our challenge from two shows ago. Â If you submit a solution, we’ll feature it on the show and the website, and you’ll get a little something for your trouble. Â 🙂 Â Here is the email from Dale which we forgot to put in last week’s show notes: