A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Today on the PowerScripting Podcast we interview Susan Bradley, SBS MVP. We also bring you lots of new, tips and resources.
This segment is brought to you by Idera:
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera's PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go to www.idera.com/PodcastPeople to get your copy today!
- Oisin gives us someÂ info on new/changed cmdlets in the PDC build
- Dmitry gives us the full list of AD cmdlets in the PDC build
- Hal'sÂ got a survey up to get everyone's opinion on PowerShellCommunity.org's future show plans.
- TechEd EMEA wrap up:Â noble musings: PowerShell at TechEd EMEA 2008 IT Professionals
- One more video from TechEd,Â this is Dmitry Sotnikov's speaker idol video.
- Joel Bennett has been kind enough tolink to all of the videos of the powershell sessions from TechEd EMEA.
- Dmitry posted the Quest connect session he didÂ about PowerShell AdCmdlets and PowerGUI
Jonathan Medd's panel discussion at TechEd EMEA was videotaped!Â PowerShell V2 Tech Talk from TechEd EMEA (video)
- Listener Steven wanted us to highlight how to build functions which can be used in a pipeline. Hal wrote a script a while ago calledÂ Select-Alive which serves as a good example.
- Hal's bud Marcus thought 'find /i "stuff" *.*' was easy until he learned more about select-string
- Hal posted a script for creating RSS feeds from PowerShell
- We still have a couple of books left. Â If you'd like to win a copy of one of Lee Holmes books, simply leave us feedback on iTunes, Podcast Alley, or on your own blog. We have four books to giveaway! Send an email to email@example.com letting us know where to see your review.
- Time for the PowerShell Challenge update on db4o.
This segment is brought to you by Quest Software
When it comes to scripting, youâ€™re a warrior. But mighty warriors need mighty tools!
For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“ download PowerGUI today.