A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in PowerScripting Podcast
In This Episode
This episode features PowerShell MVP, author, and scripting guru Jeff Hicks as a guest co-host and an excellent, information pack interview with PowerShell Quality Expert James Brundage.
WhenÂ itÂ comesÂ toÂ scripting,Â youâ€™reÂ aÂ warrior.Â ButÂ mightyÂ warriorsÂ needÂ mightyÂ tools!Â For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“ download PowerGUI today
What can you really do with PowerShell?Â With Admin Script Editor the question becomes what can't you do with PowerShell?Â Besides all the advanced code generating tools this is the only tool offering a true PowerShell Forms Desiginer.Â To illustrate what can be done the guys at iTripoli created a full-featured MP3/Podcast player written entirely in PowerShell and delivered as a single script.Â Check it out at adminscripteditor.com/player.
- James, tell us a bit about yourself, where you come from and how you ended up on the PowerShell team?
- What is a typical day like for you?
- I see you part of a PowerShell script club. Â How is that working out? What can you tell us about it?
- Being involved with testing and QA there must be times when you get to be a thorn in the sides of Jeffrey Snover, Bruce Payette and the rest. Â Deep down, secretly, doesn't that feel good? Â But seriously, what is it like to work with them?
- I know you've developed a lot of testing tools for PowerShell, you've even shown them to me. Any chance some of them will be released to the community?
- Do you have any performance or benchmarking scripts that you can publish?
- James'sÂ personal blog
This segment is brought to you by Idera:
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera's PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go to www.idera.com/PodcastPeople to get your copy today!
- Use PowerShell's transcript feature to assist in learning PowerShell. Put Start-Transcript into your profile to start recording your entire PowerShell session. A great way to review your work, especially when trying to learn PowerShell from the beginning.
- Increase your Powershell history buffer by setting $MaximumHistoryCount to a value higher than 64. You may also want to change the command buffer in the window settings to match.
(dir $env:temp -r | measure-object length -sum).sum /1MB