A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we are joined by PowerShell MVP Oisin Grehan to talk about managing SharePoint with PowerShell.
This segment is brought to you by Idera:
- Questions from the audience
- glnsize : ## do you use the web services or load the assemblies?
- finked : ## Anything new in Excel Services?
- glnsize : ## were do you see powershell fitting into sharepoint? Â dev, admin
- glnsize : ## are you using the new webservices cmdlets in v2?
- rfoust : ## do you have a sharepoint/powershell blog?
- rfoust : ## is there a good "getting started" guide for people new to sharepoint but not new to powershell?
- rfoust : ## any idea where sharepoint/poweshell is going in the future?
- glnsize :Â ## what is involved in "writing a provider"?
- halr9000 : ## what does nivot mean?
- halr9000 : ## Can you go into the BITS module blog post?
- Links mentioned
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“Â download PowerGUI today
- Show-Menu function: an easy way to create console-based multiple-choice menus.
- Be sure to download the required Scripting module fromÂ hereÂ first. Â Thanks to listener Jason Archer for finding it.
- What is required to use Invoke-VMScript?
- PowerBoots example from Karl Prosser
- Brandon Shell gives us info onÂ functions and why they are important
- Five simple functions for SharePoint
- Richard Siddaway shows us aÂ new way to create hash tables
- Robbie Faust posts hisÂ PowerShell RegEx quick referenceÂ script
- Pasting PowerShell scripts into blog posts
PS > Get-Module -list | fl name, description