A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast Carter Shanklin from VMWare joins us to talk about the new version of the VI toolkit for PowerShell.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“ download PowerGUI today
- VMware announces version 1.5 of their VI PowerShell toolkit is now out!Â Download –Â Release notes –Â intro videos –Â demo scripts
- Don Jones is working on a new OSS project calledÂ Cahoots. Please help himÂ test!
- According toÂ Marco Shaw the 2009 Scripting Games will be held this summer
- The PowerShell team isÂ looking for some feedback
- There’s some great news from the DB4o team with regards to PowerShell support.
- The Micrsofot Clustering & HA teamÂ recently announced their upcoming support for PowerShell in 2008 Server R2. Â Over 30 new cmdlets!
This segment is brought to you by Idera:
- buncha new cmdlets
- invoke-vmscript, remoting into VMs
meson : ## So what about a XenServer PowerShell book? 😉
rfoust : ## what is the best way to get started with the vi toolkit – is there a “getting started” guide?
jeffculb-1 : ## Why aren’t the release notes for the vitoolkit accessible from the download page
- eJournal:Â Windows Administration in Realtime, look for the Practical PowerShell columns
- In case you missed it Jeffrey Snover was on theÂ Mind of Root podcast discussing WSMAN
- PoshCode #829 New-Task, “Allows for the creation of tasks in Microsoft Outlook from Windows PowerShell. The majority of task options available can be configured with the function.”
- Cool PowerGUI video tutorials latest video is onÂ how to use debugging.
Write-Host -ForegroundColor Yellow “Modules loaded: $(get-module)”
Our book offer is brought to you by SAPIEN Press. Â You can find information about their books at sapienpress.com.
We’re giving away two copies of Hal’s upcoming book:Â Managing VMware Infrastructure with PowerShell: TFM. Â If you’d like to win a copy, leave us a review on iTunes, or Podcast Alley, or your own blog, or mention us on your Facebook page or whatever. Send a link toÂ firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what and where to verify and you are entered to win! Â Be sure to include your mailing address and name.