In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we are joined by PowerShell MVP Oisin Grehan to talk about managing SharePoint with PowerShell.
- Questions from the audience
- glnsize : ## do you use the web services or load the assemblies?
- finked : ## Anything new in Excel Services?
- glnsize : ## were do you see powershell fitting into sharepoint? Â dev, admin
- glnsize : ## are you using the new webservices cmdlets in v2?
- rfoust : ## do you have a sharepoint/powershell blog?
- rfoust : ## is there a good “getting started” guide for people new to sharepoint but not new to powershell?
- rfoust : ## any idea where sharepoint/poweshell is going in the future?
- glnsize :Â ## what is involved in “writing a provider”?
- halr9000 : ## what does nivot mean?
- halr9000 : ## Can you go into the BITS module blog post?
- Links mentioned
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“Â download PowerGUI today
- Show-Menu function: an easy way to create console-based multiple-choice menus.
- Be sure to download the required Scripting module fromÂ hereÂ first. Â Thanks to listener Jason Archer for finding it.
- What is required to use Invoke-VMScript?
- PowerBoots example from Karl Prosser
- Brandon Shell gives us info onÂ functions and why they are important
- Five simple functions for SharePoint
- Richard Siddaway shows us aÂ new way to create hash tables
- Robbie Faust posts hisÂ PowerShell RegEx quick referenceÂ script
- Pasting PowerShell scripts into blog posts
PS > Get-Module -list | fl name, description