In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk with developer and blogger Joe Pruitt from F5 Networks.
- PowerGui 1.7Â has been released
- Quest hasÂ put up a surveyÂ to help determine the direction of PowerGUI
- Don JonesÂ has offered to reviewÂ submitted scripts
- Jeffrey Snover recentlyÂ weighed inÂ on a StackOverflow question onÂ PowerShell vs Unix Shells
- Jeff HicksÂ posted a reminderÂ that Sapien has a new round of online PowerShell fundamentals classes starting March 10th
- SAPIEN has posted a clarification to their blog about the newÂ PrimalScript and PrimalTools software
Get on the fast track to PowerShell scripting success withÂ PowerGUI
JoinÂ PowerShell MVPs Dmitry Sotnikov and Kirk MunroÂ for a live chat atÂ Quest Connect,Â a free, on-demand virtual tradeshow where you can get the answers you need to solve your toughest PowerShell challenges
VisitÂ www.quest.com/poshchatÂ today to learn more and to register
- rfoust : ## what do you like the most about powershell?
- glnsize : ## what's your opinion of WS-MGMT?
- glnsize : ## how deep do you plan on going with your cmdlets? Â what percentage of your product line do you want to cover?
- ustreamer-61217 : ## will there be an update for v2?
- glnsize : ## Â doesn't that invalidate the whole perpose of SSL... not posh related but a pet peeve
- jonwalz-1 : ## there is a memory improvement technique that uses ABC lists. Is that where you got the idea for your lists?
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera's PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go toÂ www.idera.com/PodcastPeopleÂ to get your copy today!
- BetterÂ Warcraft gear script
- Lee shows us how toÂ move or delete a really locked file
- Karl shows us how to search the PoshCode repositoryÂ directly from Windows 7
- Don Jones' Code Review #1:Â server audit script
- A script to tell you if aÂ partition is aligned or not
- Doug has published a script toÂ grab data from a Google Docs spreadsheet
- ShayÂ shows us howÂ toÂ create a web client requestÂ using default net credentials and web proxy
- JoelÂ shows us howÂ toÂ cleanly parse NETSH DHCP SERVERÂ output using PowerShell
- "Four for loops and their timings" blog post