A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk with Ferdinand Rios and Jeffery Hicks from SAPIEN Technologies.
- PoshCode now Twitters
- "I Love PowerShell" song byÂ ye110beard
- A PowerShell V2 book is on the wayÂ "Windows PowerShell 2.0 Administrator's Pocket Consultant"
- PowerShellCommunity.org is going to TechEd
- Thomas Lee has aÂ link on his blog to a $50 off deal on PowerShell Plus Professional Edition
- PowerShellPlus 2.1 beta 2 released
- TimeTag time series database hasÂ a new blog and isapproaching beta release
- PowerGUI VMware PowerPack v2.1.5 released (thxÂ Virtu-Al)
When it comes to scripting, youâ€™re a warrior. But mighty warriors need mighty tools!
For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“ download PowerGUI today.
- ustreamer-22944 : #Question: Has Jeff mastered Black Hole Sun at Hard level on Rock Band yet? Â 🙂
- glnsize : ## where is the module support?
- glnsize : ## is there suppport for tortisesvn?
- ustreamer-22944 : ## Does PrimalScript editor support the MSSCCI interface to allow various version control products to plug into it?
- mwjcomputing : ## How many people can access ChangeVue at the same time?
- meson : ## What products aren't included in PrimalScript?
- gaurhoth : ## Does primal script support -STA?
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera's PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go to www.idera.com/PodcastPeople to get your copy today!
- Keith Hill has taken his Effective PowerShell blog posts and turned them into an ebook that he hasÂ posted for free
- Joel Bennett has put upÂ a short guide on how to get started writing Advanced Functions in PowerShell v2.
- As Ferdinand mentioned in the interview here is a post aboutÂ iPowerShell the first iPhone app for PowerShell
- Hal put upÂ a neat script (v2 required) that will copy files with the familiar GUI progress window
- From the Active Directory PowerShell Blog comes aÂ great overview of the new AD cmdlets in V2
- Jeff Hicks recently wroteÂ an article introducing PolyMonRT
- Need to create an arbitrary file in PowerShell?
- fsutil file createnew c:tempfoo.bar $(1mb)
- Very cool wh[tab] and fe[tab] console shortcuts in PowerShellPlus
- Hal talks aboutÂ WMI job status in version 2
"I'm a big fan of the show. Â It has been very helpful to me in my quest
to learn Powershell.
I just finished listening to Episode 61 and wanted to comment on the
discussion regarding disk alignment. Â I too had never heard of disk
alignment until LogicsOne told us about it a couple years ago. Â Since
then aligning disks has been a part of our VM build process. Â You can
find a description here:
Thanks again, and keep up the good work."