A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Scott Herold about Vizioncore and VESI. We're also joined in studio byÂ Scott Moss, VP of theÂ Southeast Management User Group, a local friend, and fan of the show.
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera's PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go toÂ www.idera.com/PodcastPeopleÂ to get your copy today!
- Andy Schneider, James Brundage and others will be heading up theÂ Script Club in SeattleÂ on Apr 21st
- Now announcing:Â WMI team blog
- Going to TechEd next month? Hal has a birds of a feather session on day 3 titled "Practical PowerShell: Best Practices from the Field"
Links mentioned in the interviewÂ
- rfoust : ## tell me about vOptimizer Pro. Â Does it resize C: partitions if a D: is right behind it?
- rfoust : ## what do you think about hyper-v - will it ever compete w/ vmware?
- rfoust : ## will vOptimizer realign without taking downtime, or i guess it has to reboot, right?
- ScottMoss : ## does vfoglight integrate with Microsoft Operations Manager?
- rfoust : ## know of any good docs for deploying Exchange in vmware? Vmotioning a CCR cluster really isn't supported, huh? 🙂
- spowser : ## Can the resize work the opposite way? Â Go from small to large disk?
- meson : ## How about XenServer?
- rfoust : ## is vmware anywhere close to lpars?
- spowser : ## Will Ecoshell be able to extendshrink disks or is that IP of Vizioncore?
- cartershanklin : ## Do you think VESI will focus on an area, reporting for example?
- cartershanklin : ## Are you embracing/extending the notion of PowerGUI lockdown?
- cartershanklin : Maybe Scott can talk a bit about lockdown and why it matters.
- cartershanklin : ## Will VESI support VMware Update Manager?
For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“Â download PowerGUI today.Â
- Script from the PowerShell team:Â Set Vista network location to private
- The Scripting Guys bring usÂ Learning to Excel
- Jeff Hicks has a coolÂ script to create a GUI tree view
- Add the abilityÂ to use a text balloon to your scripts
- Don Jones hasÂ released his debugging series in a PDF
- Richard Siddaway talks aboutÂ modules in 2008 R2
- Keith Hill posts:Â Effective PowerShell #15: Using the Output Field Separator $OFS