In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Bob Bobel about Quest’s Active Directory cmdlets. And stay tuned to the end of the show for a new contest!
When it comes to scripting, youâ€™re a warrior. But mighty warriors need mighty tools!
For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“Â download PowerGUI today.
Links mentioned in the interview
- JeffHicks : ##What can you tell us about what will happen with the free PowerShell cmdlets from Quest once Microsoft fully releases their AD solution.
- rfoust : ## how do you see the world changing with the new web interface thingy in R2, what role will adsi continue to play?
- ChadMiller : ##Do the cmdlets support local Windows groups
- JeffHicks : ##How many developers are working on Powershell cmdlets?
- aleksandar : ##How do you explain the popularity of powergui.org forums?
- rfoust : ## working on anything for hyper-v?
- rfoust : ## or vmware
- JeffHicks : ##Who is the target enterprise for ARS?
- JeffHicks : ##How do you think PowerShell v2 will change the free PowerShell cmdlets and/or PowerGUI?
- JeffHicks : ##Do you define feature sets and requirements or just keep everyone on task?
- BrianSt : ##Does Access Manager work with NetApp?
- aleksandar : ##do you plan to make cmdlets that will cover AD topology management?
- JeffHicks : ##is there a place to submit wish list requests?
- meson : ## Does Quest have any plans for creating Activity Libraries for Citrix Workflow Studio for their cmdlets? Â WIth the WFS SDK you can take cmdlets and convert them to Activity Libraries so they are available in WFS. I am wondering if they are even considering doing that or if they would have an issue with someone in the community doing it.
- aleksandar : ##quest has forums and wiki, but can we expect proper bug tracking system?
- Here’s a security overview for PowerShell V1
- PoshCode script: Out-Report: it sends output to Excel, PDF, or image files. Here’s a blog post about it.
- Dmitry has a great post showing the new AD cmdlets from Quest
- Making Disk, Database and Table Graphs with PowerShell
- Configuring PowerShell for Remoting (V2 CTP3)
- How do I create modules? (v2 CTP3)
- How do i reset a network adapter?
- Generate new object wrapper functions from an assembly