A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Exchange MVP Michael Smith about Exchange 2010
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera’s PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go toÂ www.idera.com/PodcastPeopleÂ to get your copy today!
- Brandon Shell let us know that theÂ Citrix XenApp cmdlets are available
- The new PoshCode is now up in beta:Â http://beta.poshcode.org/
- PowerGui 1.8 is outÂ New features includeÂ improved powerpack management
- Listener Wes StahlerÂ posted picsÂ of Hal & Steve Murawski taken at TechEd 2009.
- Technet Webcast June 10:Â How to Manage Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 in Large Enterprises (Level 300)
- 25 years experience in IT, 13 years experience w/Exchange
- Written two books, Exchange 2003, and Monitoring Exchange 2007 w/Ops Mgr
- Company: The Essential Exchange /Â http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/
- writes articles for:
- Exchange Messaging & Outlook e-zine
- SuperHero: Green Lantern
- slipsec: ## How do you put load on your labs?
- Â gaurhoth: ## Any ideas that you can share about why Exch2010 CAS isn’t going to be able to proxy to Exch2003 Backend (like Exch2007 CAS can now)? Â gaurhoth: I’m looking at a exch2003 – exch2010 transition end of next year and this seems like it’s going to add a hurdle.
- gaurhoth: ## Have you played with cross-site DAG and is it as good as the demo’s so far make it look?Â
- gaurhoth: ## sDo you have any limitation/concerns that you’ve observed so far?
- gaurhoth: ## Is MS’s recommendations that you can replace disk/tape backup with DAG (with at least 3 copies) really that realistic? Seems like you’d be open to database corruption issues since you would…
- slipsec: ## How is Public Folder support?
- gaurhoth: ## only have 1 (maybe 2) delayed copies if youc an afford that many servers (for lagged replication)
- gaurhoth: ## Is all of DAG functionality availble from management console or is powershell required to set it up (as in HA tech in 2007)Â
- slipsec: ## Any tie in with the new Active Directory cmdlets?
- gaurhoth: ## Is DAG Failover between sites a manual process? (assuming yes … dns, etc)… Does failover require updates of AD attributes to point to new server… or is it just a dns change? Â gaurhoth: (and AD Attribute changes obviously needing replication to complete before failover can be completed)
For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“Â download PowerGUI today.
- This videoÂ on Channel 9 shows you how to automate MS’s Netmon protocol analyzer with PowerShell (50 min running time)
- Introduction toÂ Modules w/ Advanced FunctionsÂ
- Another PowerShell script to ping servers,Â this oneÂ will send you an email
- PowerShell videos on Bing
- Shay has a great method forÂ quickly finding expired x.509 certificatesÂ with a new custom formatter (PS1XML)
- Rich Siddaway discussesÂ working with file attributes and hidden files
- Steve Murawski talks aboutÂ focusing your scripts and functions
- Jeff Hicks goes intoÂ return versus write
- Neat thread onÂ securing WinRMÂ on PowerShellCommunity.org
- StackOverflow:Â What are some of the most useful yet little known features in the PowerShell language?