A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to VMware vExpert, consultant and author Edward Haletky about his experiences with PowerShell and securing your virtual infrastructure.
For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“ download PowerGUI today.
- The PowerShell team has published the final approved verb list for PowerShell v2
- Poshboard is nearing 1.0 release (blog announcement, download)
- PrimalForms 2009 will become part of PrimalScript 2009 Studio
- Microsoft's Dynamic Datacenter Toolkit which was announced last week is based on PowerShell
- AutoPowerShell is a hot new app with big potential
Edward L. Haletky is the author ofÂ VMware vSphere(TM) and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing the Virtual Environment as well asÂ VMWare ESX Server in the Enterprise: Planning and Securing Virtualization Servers. Edward ownsÂ AstroArch Consulting, Inc., providing virtualization, security, network consulting and development. Edward is also a guru and moderator for the VMware Communities Forums, providing answers to security and configuration questions, prolific blogger, and is working on new books on Virtualization.
- jtroyer: ## Linux user perspective on PowerShell? (Me: old unix guy who likes it.)
- jtroyer: ## for normal Perl-using humans, how hard was the transition?
SuperHero: Green Lantern
- Chad Miller did in fact blog about the charting script which was mentioned in the last show
- The Scripting Guys tell us how to get data out of a function
- Carter mentions stuff to check out in a recent blog entry
- Dr. Tobias Weltner has released a free eBook "Mastering PowerShell"
- Hal & Joel collaborate to bring you: Get-StringRange (from this tweet)