A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to PowerShell MVP Don Jones about security
For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“ download PowerGUI today.
- The PowerShell team is looking for your feedback
- Community member Cody from Baton Rouge wants to start up a PowerShell script club. Â Discuss it atÂ PoshComm.
- Poshoholic Kirk Munro has released a new Advanced Reporting PowerPack for PowerGUI.
- Concentrated Tech:Â http://concentratedtech.com/
- JeffHicks: ##What is the longest PowerShell script you’ve ever written?
- JeffHicks: ##What is the killer feature in PowerShell v2 admins will love?
- meson: ## How can script signing ever become useful if its so hard to get code signing certs?
- slipsec: ## what’s “bypass” Â [enum]::getvalues([Microsoft.PowerShell.ExecutionPolicy])UnrestrictedRemoteSignedAllSignedRestrictedRestrictedBypass
- meson: ## What about the ability to override the executionpolicy via -scope
- finked: ## is there a link for posh on mono?
- Jaykul: ## So would you actually recommend saving the money by installing PowerShell 2 on Vista/XP/Server 2003/2008?
- Sabre9774: ## Will the Powershell 2.0 install for XP/Vista/2003 remove Powershell 1.0 if installed on a machine?
- finked: ## I am a lowly developer. When I hear security, my eyes glaze over.When I demo Posh for developers. Seems likes a huge process to get developers ‘secure’ Posh to try it out.Not sure how to balance it
- Sabre9774: ## that is my concern – we pushed PS 1.0 to all client machines in our enviornment, so would we have to uninstall 1.0 manually first?
- PenPerk: ## Powershell Certification — not for the programmer but SysAdmin level?
- Shay has updated his PowerShell toolbar to include the PowerShell IRC channel
- Lee Holmes shares some insight into PowerShell security
- Jeff Hicks has a new blog:Â http://jdhitsolutions.blogspot.com/
- NetPoint has 20 PowerShell cmdlets to manage their product
- Microsoft has a beta of ADWS for downlevel (Win2003/2008) DCs
- At Citrix’s Synergy conference, PowerShell MVP Brandon Shell debated about PowerShell versus Citrix’s Workflow Studio.
- PowerShell.com tip of the day recently: Encrypting PowerShell Scripts
- Chad Miller posted a library of functions to PoshCode for working with the MS Chart Control