A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to PowerShell MVP and software developer Kirk Munro from Quest Software.
- Joel Bennett:Â Announcing the Microsoft PowerShell User Group of Upstate New York
- News from the WMI blog:Â New default ports for WS-Management and PowerShell remoting
- PowerShell 2.0 RTM!!
- Jan Egil pointed us to news from the OCS team that there's a PowerShell & OCS book in the works.
- Dmitry gives a little peek at what's coming for PowerShell in SharePoint 2010
- Karl Prosser has a survey up on his site about possibly making a product out of a PowerShell "portableizer"
For awesome PowerShell scripting, nothing matches the might of Questâ€™s PowerGUI. Versatile and easy to use, PowerGUI helps you build commanding scripts that leverage PowerShellâ€™s strength across the enterprise. Now, ruling your domain is easier than ever.
Is your scripting might equal to the challenge? Put the power in your hands â€“ download PowerGUI today.
- ScottMoss: ## PowerPack for SCOM in the works?
- meson: ## What powerpacks is the most requested, but does not currently exist?
- StevenMurawski: ## Anything new for PowerPack authors in the next version?
- JanEgilRing: ## For the upcoming products Exchange 2010 and Sharepoint 2010, will you make powerpacks yourself that ships with PowerGUI or would you like someone from the community to create these?
- JanEgilRing: Any hints about whats new in PowerGUI 1.9?
- StevenMurawski: ## Will there be tab completion for functions in any upcoming version?
- JanEgilRing: Version 1.9 will be fully compatible with both v1 and v2 of PowerShell?
- JanEgilRing: the reporting pack works with both Visio 2003 and 2007?
- meson: Why doesn't anyone do providers?
- Jeffrey Snover posted some links about PowerShell remoting protocol documentation
- Doug Finke wrote a cool script to generate pivot tables in Excel
- And he continues on to create sparklines using PowerBoots
- Tobias has started a series on using PowerShell in Windows 7
- Stack Overflow:Â Is there any way to terminate a hung [COM] process in Powershell?
- Steve Murawski reminds us to watch about for implicit casts!
- Doug Finke gives us a workaround for an ISE bug