A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we interview Microsoft Cluster MVP Russ Kaufmann
Before you acquire power, you must acquire knowledge â€“ and Quest Software has what you need! In Jeffery Hicksâ€™ e-book, â€œManaging Active Directory with Windows PowerShell,â€ learn how PowerShell helps you master local accounts and groups, password management, security and permissions and much, much more. Youâ€™ll also learn about the PowerShell extras and out-of-the-box features that will help you control Active Directory.
Donâ€™t wait â€“ visitÂ quest.com/powershellbook to register for your free copy and see why PowerShell and Quest Power GUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- Now available for pre-order, Ed Wilson’s PowerShell 2.0 Best Practices book
- New PowerShell videos with Jeffrey Snover and Osama Sajid
- Don’t forget about the upcoming Upstate NY PowerShell script club to be hosted by Jeff Hicks and Joel Bennett. Â Date: 9/9/09.
- New PoshComm sponsor: Pragma Systems
This segment brought to you byÂ SAPIEN Technologies, makers of PrimalScript.
- Clustering cmdlets:Â http://blogs.msdn.com/clustering/archive/2008/12/20/9243367.aspx
- More details:Â http://msmvps.com/blogs/clusterhelp/archive/2009/08/28/powershell-and-windows-server-2008-failover-clusters.aspx
- Approved verbs:Â http://blogs.msdn.com/powershell/archive/2009/07/15/final-approved-verb-list-for-windows-powershell-2-0.aspx
- NLB cmdlets:Â http://blogs.msdn.com/clustering/archive/2008/12/26/9253786.aspx
- EvilEmuofDoom: ## Sorry, did you say CSV was 2008 or 2008 R2?
- EBGreen: ##Should the difference between HA clusters vs. Load Balancing clusters vs. parallel computing clusters be brought up?
Super power: Superman!
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera’s PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go to www.idera.com/PodcastPeople to get your copy today!
- VMware vExpert Mike Laverick has a nice script for creating vSwitches
- Exporting installed software to Excel
- System Center VMM 2008 R2 cmdlet reference
- Pulling schema properties from Active Directory with PowerShell
- Persist your command history across powershell sessions
- A ton of excellent tips for working with Windows Update from PowerShell.
- PoshCode.org script: Get-TopProcess
- How to configure WinRM (PowerShell remoting) via group policy
- Comparing installed hotfixes on server (dealing with the side indicator)
Your quest: Create a PowerShell script to generate fractal images. Bonus points for displaying the generated image using a Winform or WPF. Â Get started by reading this thread on PowerShellCommunity.org.