A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we interview Quamrul Mina and David Kulwin from Pragma Systems
Before you acquire power, you must acquire knowledge â€“ and Quest Software has what you need! In Jeffery Hicksâ€™ e-book, â€œManaging Active Directory with Windows PowerShell,â€ learn how PowerShell helps you master local accounts and groups, password management, security and permissions and much, much more. Youâ€™ll also learn about the PowerShell extras and out-of-the-box features that will help you control Active Directory.
Donâ€™t wait â€“ visitÂ quest.com/powershellbook to register for your free copy and see why PowerShell and Quest Power GUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- PowerShell V2 RC is out for XP and Windows Server 2003
- The official release of PSUnit isÂ now available on Codeplex
- Luc Dekens, Hal's co-presenter at VMworld, nowÂ has a blog
- PowerGUI 1.9 now supports v2 modules
- New PowerShell User Group in Australia
This segment brought to you byÂ SAPIEN Technologies, makers of PrimalScript.
Links / Info
- Quamrul Mina, CEO & co-founder of Pragma Systems
- David Kulwin, CTO, co-founder, & lead architect
- in biz since 1990, first product in '97
- We kinda forgot to take note of the questions asked by the audience. Â 🙂
Superheroes: David is Batman, and Quamrul picked Ronald Reagan
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera's PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go to www.idera.com/PodcastPeople to get your copy today!
- Lee Holmes has a great scriptÂ Invoke-SqlCommand from his Windows PowerShell Cookbook
- Microsoft has a videoÂ up on #9with tips on working with PS remoting (runtime: 8:40)
- Joel's got a script to help youÂ change your Windows 7 login screen!
- Bruce Payette did aÂ video series on PowerShell modules
- Richard Siddaway blogged about aÂ Codeplex PowerShell Configurator for Server 2008 R2 Core and HyperV Server R2
- Another from Joel; this script helps you toÂ disable Aero Peekfor a process
- .NET classes, overloads, constructors (e.g.Â system.diagnostics.PerformanceCounter)
- check to see if PowerShell is available on a machine
- Interesting article comparing Python and PowerShell for the SQL DBA
dir *serviceMaxConnections |si -Value 30
Your quest: Create a PowerShell script to generate fractal images. Bonus points for displaying the generated image using a Winform or WPF. Â Get started by readingÂ this thread on PowerShellCommunity.org.