A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast Hal and Jon talk about...PowerShell?
Before you acquire power, you must acquire knowledge â€“ and Quest Software has what you need! In Jeffery Hicksâ€™ e-book, â€œManaging Active Directory with Windows PowerShell,â€ learn how PowerShell helps you master local accounts and groups, password management, security and permissions and much, much more. Youâ€™ll also learn about the PowerShell extras and out-of-the-box features that will help you control Active Directory.
Donâ€™t wait â€“ visitÂ quest.com/powershellbook to register for your free copy and see why PowerShell and Quest Power GUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera's PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go to www.idera.com/PodcastPeople to get your copy today!
- Another great blog series for those new to PowerShell
- Lee Holmes has written a script toÂ download Facebook image albums
- PowerShell v2'sÂ graphical help system
- Doug Finke wrote a script to make it easier toÂ create custom objects
- The AD team has postedÂ a neat script to analyze nested groups
- Get-GuiDate - a cool PowerShell calendar toolÂ from the Sapien blog
- Scripting Guys PowerShell Owner's Guide, especially theÂ shortcut keys listing.
- Turn -WhatIf on by default
- A tip forÂ managing PowerShell Modules
- Use Select-Object -ExpandProperty
- How to read data from a SQL server
- V2 modules cannot be initialized via .PSC files
Your quest: Create a PowerShell script to generate fractal images. Bonus points for displaying the generated image using a Winform or WPF. Â Get started by readingÂ this thread on PowerShellCommunity.org.
Did we forget to mention there are prizes? Â You can win an Amazon $25 gift certificate and a book from SAPIEN!