A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to developer Jason Shirk from the PowerShell team.
Before you acquire power, you must acquire knowledge â€“ and Quest Software has what you need! In Jeffery Hicksâ€™ e-book, â€œManaging Active Directory with Windows PowerShell,â€ learn how PowerShell helps you master local accounts and groups, password management, security and permissions and much, much more. Youâ€™ll also learn about the PowerShell extras and out-of-the-box features that will help you control Active Directory.
Donâ€™t wait â€“ visitÂ quest.com/powershellbook to register for your free copy and see why PowerShell and Quest Power GUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- Comment-based help:Â http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd819489.aspx
- finked: ## what was your first scripting language?
- palen: ## Did you spend much time on performance in the parser, or was that largely v1 kind of stuff?
- glnsize: ## as a comment... I don't write anything without implementing cmdlet bindings
- glnsize: ## ahhh there's cut and paste and your not typing this stuff at the console... keeping the parameters the same as c# allows me to easily translate code
- finked: ## what other areas might get performance boosts in the future?
- glnsize: ## what happened to runspaces, in ctp2 i could use runspaces... v2 switched to jobs and now I can't run scriptblocks locally in seperate runspaces. Â rather i don't think i can...
- palen: ## Wait, an API for the PowerShell tokenizer?
- PoshCode:Â Get-DominosOrderStatus script!
- Another method to provide help for you functions is by using external files. Chad MillerÂ makes it easier.
- Doug FinkeÂ shares a cool project for an interactive PowerShell tutorial
- MVP Guy Thomas releases hisÂ Ezine 185 "PowerShell and Services"
- New PowerShellTips blog:Â http://www.powershelltips.org/
- MVP Dmitry SotnikovÂ shows how to use background jobs in PowerGui
- Monitor login failures from the event log (from The Scripting Guys forum)