A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to developer James Brundge from the PowerShell test team
Do you have what it takes to be the ultimate script warrior?Â Find out with Questâ€™s PowerPack Challenge.
Quest Software is sponsoring a PowerShell Scripting contest where you can test your skills and get paid. Do you have the muscle to bring home the prize? The winner takes home a cool $1,000 USD to spend on Amazon.com
Check out the details atÂ quest.com/challenge.
- PowerShell Pack released!
- Brandon Shell hasÂ released a beta of his BSonPosh module
- Newly re-minted PS MVP Thomas Lee has been busy creatingÂ PowerShell samples in MSDN
- User Group news:
- leksandar: ## why has he chosen .msi as diployment format?
- Jaykul: ## Can there be a .zip for deployment too?
- slipsec: ##Task schedular 2.0 only? or will it work on all my win2003 boxen?
- aleksandar: ## first PowerShellPack video is up. how many have you recorded? one for every module?
- aleksandar: ## could we run PowerShellPack modules on WinXP box with V2? or at least some of them?
- AndrewTearle: ## if u get warning on win 7 as admin or user - where do you look ?
- PowershellJedi: is there going to be a MSI for WindowsManagemet to help use deploy it thru out a network ???
- meson-1: ## Can the community submit new scripts or corrections to be included in future releases?
- PowershellJedi: ##Azure via Powershell?
- juneb: RT ## can you ask James if he'll post an update to the powershell blog post with a workaround for folks with pscx problems?
- aleksandar: ## why do scripts in PowerShellPack lack #requires -version 2 statement?
- Jaykul: ## let's be clear, it's not "effectively" open source, it's *actually* open source.
- Jaykul: ## apparently with a couple of exceptions?
- Jaykul: ## Do you know off the top of your head what binary bits are in there that are exempted from the MS-PL license?
- PowershellJedi: ## can you script the windows 7 background slide show on remote W7 computers