A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Matthew Giles from Connect-SMART
Before you acquire power, you must acquire knowledge â€“ and Quest Software has what you need! In Jeffery Hicksâ€™ e-book, â€œManaging Active Directory with Windows PowerShell,â€ learn how PowerShell helps you master local accounts and groups, password management, security and permissions and much, much more. Youâ€™ll also learn about the PowerShell extras and out-of-the-box features that will help you control Active Directory.
Donâ€™t wait â€“ visitÂ quest.com/powershellbookÂ to register for your free copy and see why PowerShell and Quest Power GUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- PowerShell Master ClassÂ in Stockholm March 9th-11th
- Hal'sÂ PowerCLI video projectÂ will be shipping soon
- New Codeplex project:Â PSCodePlexÂ (blog post)
- PowerShell localized online helpÂ is available
- Banglaore + PowerShell =Â BangaloreITPro user group. Two day Tech Days conference is Feb 13th, 14th
This segment is brought to you byÂ SAPIEN Technologies.
- ConnectSmartÂ http://www.connect-smart.com/
Hero/Power - Yoda
- Don Jones has aÂ video about pipeline parameter bindingÂ
- Troubleshooting PowerShell remoting
- Working with recovery points in Data Protection Manager
- Get the users that have logged on to a computer with PowerShell
- Who's logged into which VM?
- Retrieve .NET versions installed on remote systems
- GettingÂ last logon timesÂ with PowerShell
- Here's a great blog series on PS v2 remoting:Â part 1,Â part 2,Â part 3Â (and there's more!)
- VMware has put upÂ a blog post with Â five PowerCLI tutorial videos
Our tips are brought to you today by ServerFault and StackOverflow, the best place to find answers to your toughest questions!