A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Shannon Ma about configuration management
Before you acquire power, you must acquire knowledge â€“ and Quest Software has what you need! In Jeffery Hicksâ€™ e-book, â€œManaging Active Directory with Windows PowerShell,â€ learn how PowerShell helps you master local accounts and groups, password management, security and permissions and much, much more. Youâ€™ll also learn about the PowerShell extras and out-of-the-box features that will help you control Active Directory.
Donâ€™t wait â€“ visitÂ quest.com/powershellbookÂ to register for your free copy and see why PowerShell and Quest Power GUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- Jonathan MeddÂ postedÂ the Jan/Feb dates for the UK PowerShell User Group
- SAPIEN willÂ soon be releasing v2Â of iPowerShell to the iPhone app store
- DmitryÂ posted a videoÂ of MobileShell
- Buy PowerGadgetsÂ by Jan 31st for $49 and 100% of proceeds go to help Haiti
This segment is brought to you byÂ SAPIEN Technologies.
- NetPointÂ http://www.neutex.net/
- NetPoint PowerGUI PowerPack:Â http://powergui.org/entry.jspa?externalID=2582&categoryID=296
- Blog:Â http://shannon.neutex.net/
Hero/Power – Iron Man
- Adding/Removing members from another forest/domain to groups in AD
- Update Linux VMs with PowerCLI
- Don Jones onÂ AD cmdlets and implicit remoting
- The Scripting GuyÂ talks about PowerShell Modules
Our tips are brought to you today by ServerFault and StackOverflow, the best place to find answers to your toughest questions!
- ShayÂ posted a couple of one-linersÂ to get WinRM port numbers
- The Scripting Guy is working on his Module week with:Â Hey, Scripting Guy! How Do I Work with Windows PowerShell Module Paths?