A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we have Buck Woody from Microsoft to talk about SQL Server and PowerShell.
- MVP Richard Siddaway has a new Codeplex project:Â PowerShell Admin Modules. HisÂ blog postÂ talks about some of the features for working with network shares.
- MVP Shay Levy hasÂ a new projectÂ on MSDN Code Gallery titledÂ PSClientManagerÂ that allows you to work with Windows 7 features.
- 2010 Scripting Games are upon us!
- User Group News
- Local conferences
- @SQLVariantÂ is speaking atÂ SQL Saturday in Jacksonville on May 8th. He is also going to present the same talk onÂ Geek SpeakÂ in case you can't make it to J-ville.
- Codestock in Knoxville TNÂ happens June 25th & 26th and there will be 4 PowerShell sessions including some fromÂ HalÂ andÂ @SQLVariant.
Before you acquire power, you must acquire knowledge â€“ and Quest Software has what you need! In Jeffery Hicksâ€™ e-book, â€œManaging Active Directory with Windows PowerShell,â€ learn how PowerShell helps you master local accounts and groups, password management, security and permissions and much, much more. Youâ€™ll also learn about the PowerShell extras and out-of-the-box features that will help you control Active Directory. Donâ€™t wait â€“ visitÂ quest.com/powershellbookÂ to register for your free copy orÂ quest.com/powerguiproÂ and see why PowerShell and Quest PowerGUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- Carpe Datum (Buck's work blog)
- Pain of the Week: The SysAdmin's Guide to SQL Server
- LaerteJunior: ## Buck : when you came in Brazil, spoke about the powershell TechEd Brazil. Today I no longer see MS talk about powershell. Even the Host Sql Server is still 1.0. PowerShell is forgotten?
- Buckaroo Banzai
- Frank-Peter points usÂ toÂ ScriptBox, a script repository with over 1300 PowerShell scripts.
- PowerShell TransactionsÂ
- Using STA to continue in your console session while a from is loaded
- Dmitry has posted version 2 of hisÂ SharePoint 2010 quick reference.
- Tech brief on PowerGUI Pro