A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Ed Wilson and Joel Bennett for a Scripting Games roundup!
- User Group News
- Local conferences
- Book news:Â Luc Dekens andÂ Al Renouf are writing a PowerCLI book! It is due to be out from Sybex in 1Q 2011 and the title is to be “VMware vSphere PowerCLI Reference: Automating vSphere Administration”.
- PowerShell Community Extensions v2 is out!
- Citrix has released the XenApp 6 PowerShell SDK
- New suite of PowerShell-related software products from /n Software:Â PowerShell Inside
- iPowerShell is out for the iPad
- Free 2-hour video training class aimed at developers
PowerWF is a business process automation tool based on Windows Workflow and fueled by PowerShell.Â Visualize, Extend and Reuse PowerShell scripts and easily leverage the efforts of your domain experts. Â Get a live demo and meet the PowerWF development team at Tech-Ed.Â Or download a 30 day trial today atÂ PowerWF.com
- Ed’s series onÂ error handling
- PoshCode:Â http://2010sg.poshcode.org/
- Ed’s site:Â http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/
- Joel’s blog:Â http://huddledmasses.org/
- rfoust: ## has scripting games been your full time job for the past few weeks
- Richard Siddaway was kind enough to postÂ a review of Hal’s VMware PowerCLI book.
- MVP Sean Kearney has a new site up:Â PowerShell.ca
- Don Jones posted aÂ PowerShell Training Roundup
- The Scripting Guys have a great series onÂ scripting PowerPoint
- Don’s new PowerShell site on WindowsITPro
- IP subnet math in PowerShell
- Keith HillÂ has some examples of PSCX’s new cmdlet: Show-Tree
- How do you sign scripts? (thanks to Dave A. for asking)
- Method 1 from Don Jones
- Idera PowerShell PlusÂ has a GUI to help you do it
- Joel has a cool script that signs stuff automatically
- When searching online for how to do something in powershell, try looking for an existing vbscript method