A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Ryan Dunn about managing Azure with PowerShell!
- User group news:
- Free PowerShell training events
- June 12th – SQL Saturday #43 – Redmond
- June 26th -SQL Saturday #42 – Columbus, OH
- Coming in August, the 5-day MOC Course 10325A: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0!
- Richard Siddaway’s PowerShell in Practice should be out soon
- And Richard’s PAM (PowerShell Admin Modules) is now at v0.2
- The final standings of the 2010 Scripting Games have been announced!
- Brandon Shell just released v1 of his bsonposh module
Before you acquire power, you must acquire knowledge â€“ and Quest Software has what you need! In Jeffery Hicksâ€™ e-book, â€œManaging Active Directory with Windows PowerShell,â€ learn how PowerShell helps you master local accounts and groups, password management, security and permissions and much, much more. Youâ€™ll also learn about the PowerShell extras and out-of-the-box features that will help you control Active Directory. Donâ€™t wait â€“ visitÂ quest.com/powershellbook to register for your free copy orÂ quest.com/powerguipro and see why PowerShell and Quest PowerGUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- Azure Cmdlets:Â http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/azurecmdlets
- Azure Management Tool:Â http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsazuremmc
- CloudDrive:Â http://clouddrive.codeplex.com/
- Blog:Â http://dunnry.com
- Twitter:Â http://twitter.com/dunnry
- Cloud Cover Show:Â http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Cloud+Cover/
- <xcud> ## what services does msft dogfood on azure? hotmail, exchange online, etc?
- <marcoshaw> ## does ryan see much use for powershell *in* the cloud versus using powershell to simply manage the service from a desktop/client.
- <xcud> ## are there any plans to have the system center apps manage/monitor azure apps side-by-side with internal apps?
- <finked> ## Reading Programming Windows Azure. Any other book recommendations?
- <Toshana> ##Does Azure support Java?
- <marcoshaw> ## does he share his scripts like the PDC one? Â the bootstrapper?
- <marcoshaw> ## a windows azure powershell provider?
- There is a blog storage provider sample out there
- <finked> ## Will the Azure cmdlets work with MSBuild 4.0?
- <marcoshaw> ## does ryan think this could eventually become “official”?
This segment is brought to you by SAPIEN Technologies.
- Don’t forget PowerShell: TFM v1 ebook is available as a free download.
- Don Jones on Implicit Remoting
- The PowerWF guys have posted some screencast of their new Twitter module. Video 1 is the CLI and video 2 is the GUI.
- Oisin wrote an ISE hack to change the default file encoding to ASCII
- Ten Steps to PowerShell Scripting with Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- Jonathan started a blog series on PowerShell Jobs
This segment is brought to you by Serverfault.com!