A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to John Robbins about Debugging!
- User group news:
- Kirk Munro give us a heads up about forthcoming PowerShell support in Visual Studio
- Idera has just released PowerShell Plus 3.5 beta to the public
- Oisin just put up a new Codeplex project: PowerShell Script Provider
Before you acquire power, you must acquire knowledge â€“ and Quest Software has what you need! In Jeffery Hicksâ€™ e-book, â€œManaging Active Directory with Windows PowerShell,â€ learn how PowerShell helps you master local accounts and groups, password management, security and permissions and much, much more. Youâ€™ll also learn about the PowerShell extras and out-of-the-box features that will help you control Active Directory. Donâ€™t wait â€“ visitÂ quest.com/powershellbookÂ to register for your free copy orÂ quest.com/powerguiproÂ and see why PowerShell and Quest PowerGUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- 10:33 ChadMiller: PSUnit http://psunit.codeplex.com/
- 10:17 Jaykul:http://poshcode.org/1562 Â PerformanceTracking Module which lets you check after the fact the runtime and memory footprint for any commands you run
- 10:35 xcud: psunit demo; http://bit.ly/bjrek8
- 10:11 glnsize: ## So from a hardcore windows debuger/perf guy... What pitfalls / best practices do you preach for powershell?
- 10:24 finked: ## Any thoughts on what PowrShell needs or the direction it should take?
- 10:25 Jaykul: ## most useful parts of powershell for developers.
- 10:29 glnsize: ## Â So what is the use case for write-debuge... I use write-verbose/break points. Â How should / Could I use the degug pipeline.
- 10:38 Jaykul: ## So, in the real world, how do you see developers using PowerShell?
- 10:40 Jaykul: ## TFS eh? Do you see many people doing build scripts?
Superhero: The Flash
This segment is brought to you by SAPIEN Technologies.Â
- Tome writes about working with Windows Desktop Search
- Performance History module from Jaykul
- PowerShellPoint from John Robbins
- PowerGUi 2.1 has a new Add-On feature
This segment is brought to you by Serverfault.com!