A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Adam Driscoll about PowerGUI Visual Studio Extensions
Execute commands and scripts from anywhere including the office and remote locations, as well as from a Web browser or smart phone with PowerGUI Pro from Quest Software. With the MobileShell feature, administrators can quickly run commands to troubleshoot problems or make changes, even when away from your desk! This gives teams more flexibility to work remotely while traveling, and to leverage admins from other offices in case of an emergency.
Â· Execute queries remotely to determine if services or processes are running
Â· Restart services, processes, or entire servers
Â· Check mailbox settings
Â· Unlock user accounts
Â· Reset passwords
Â· Run custom scripts
Visit quest.com/powerguipro and see why PowerShell and Quest PowerGUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- VMware just released vSphere 4.1, and with it, a new version of PowerCLI!
- Listener @sqlVariant just had his talk accepted to the SQL PASS summit! Title is: The Dirty Dozen: PowerShell Scripts for the Busy DBA
- Just released: VMware vSphere Pro Series 2 featuring PowerCLI goodies from Hal!
- User group news:
- SQLSaturday #49 will be held Oct 16, 2010 at Seminole State College.
- Sapien will be giving a sneek peek of Visual PowerShell 2011 at SQLSaturday in S. Florida July 31st.
- Intel has released a vPro PowerShell Module
- PowerTab is back from the dead! They could use your help with testing and translations!
- Quest has just released a new version of the VMware PowerPack which now supports Visio 2010
- Adam's blog: http://www.csharpening.net/
- vWorkspace: http://www.vworkspace.com/
- PowerGUI Visual Studio Extension
This segment is brought to you by SAPIEN Technologies.
- Quest has released version 1.4 of their AD Cmdlets
- LucD talks about the New-VIProperty cmdlet in PowerCLI 4.1
- Don Jones's 18.8 minute PowerShell Crash Course
- A PowerShell Cookbook from John Cook
- Martin Zugec's PowerShell-enabled business card
- Need #poshhelp?
This segment is brought to you by Serverfault.com!
- Use PowerShell to get the Windows Experience Index
- StackOverflow: How do I pass string parameters correctly?