A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to John Fullbright from NetApp.
Execute commands and scripts from anywhere including the office and remote locations, as well as from a Web browser or smart phone with PowerGUI Pro from Quest Software. With the MobileShell feature, administrators can quickly run commands to troubleshoot problems or make changes, even when away from your desk! This gives teams more flexibility to work remotely while traveling, and to leverage admins from other offices in case of an emergency.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Execute queries remotely to determine if services or processes are running
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Restart services, processes, or entire servers
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Check mailbox settings
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Unlock user accounts
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Reset passwords
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Run custom scripts
VisitÂ quest.com/powerguiproÂ and see why PowerShell and Quest PowerGUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- Bruce Payette says Windows PowerShell in Action, 2nd ed is almost finished
- Jeff Hicks did a video interview with TrainSignal at TechEd
- PowerShell user group meetings
This segment is brought to you byÂ SAPIEN Technologies.
- Data ONTAP PowerShell toolkit
- Get started with POSH4ONTAP
- Create Visio diagram of your storage
- NetApp for Microsoft Environments blog
Notable Comments from the Chatroom
<BrianSt> ## Will the powershell toolkit do what perfstat does?
<BrianSt> ## What is planned for the 1.2 update?
<glnsize> ##when will snapdrive have first class cmdlets 😉
- A cool script from Thomas Lee to get broken hardware
- Joel Bennett helps us understand scope
- Don Jones tells us what VBScripters must forget in PowerShell
- Fun Tricks with Format-Table and Select