A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Jay Dave, Program Manager at Microsoft about UAC and AppLocker
Execute commands and scripts from anywhere including the office and remote locations, as well as from a Web browser or smart phone with PowerGUI Pro from Quest Software. With the MobileShell feature, administrators can quickly run commands to troubleshoot problems or make changes, even when away from your desk! This gives teams more flexibility to work remotely while traveling, and to leverage admins from other offices in case of an emergency.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Execute queries remotely to determine if services or processes are running
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Restart services, processes, or entire servers
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Check mailbox settings
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Unlock user accounts
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Reset passwords
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Run custom scripts
VisitÂ quest.com/powerguiproÂ and see why PowerShell and Quest PowerGUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- As promised, David at the secmaniac blog posted his Blackhat & DefCon proof of concept code
- PowerTab for PowerShell v2 beta is out!
- Jeff Hicks just released a PowerShell module for working with WSUS
This segment is brought to you byÂ ConcentratedTech.com.
- Newly minted MVP Ravi has a great series on WQL, here is his post on SELECT, FROM, and WHERE
- Finding stale accounts in AD just got easier thanks to Quest
- Lee Holmes tracks Aurora Borealis with PowerShell
This segment is brought to you by Serverfault.com!