In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast, we have Matt Royer from Intel!
Execute commands and scripts from anywhere including the office and remote locations, as well as from a Web browser or smart phone with PowerGUI Pro from Quest Software. With the MobileShell feature, administrators can quickly run commands to troubleshoot problems or make changes, even when away from your desk! This gives teams more flexibility to work remotely while traveling, and to leverage admins from other offices in case of an emergency.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Execute queries remotely to determine if services or processes are running
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Restart services, processes, or entire servers
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Check mailbox settings
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Unlock user accounts
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Reset passwords
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Run custom scripts
VisitÂ quest.com/powerguiproÂ and see why PowerShell and Quest PowerGUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- Gregg Britton's tip is "go to SQL Saturday #49 in Orlando October 16th"
- Doug Finke will be presenting a PowerShell session at the Pittsburgh Code Camp October 16th
- As Lee Holmes mentioned on the show the PowerShell Cookbook scripts are now on PoshCode.org
- If you are making it to VMWorld 2010 Copenhagen, be sure to catch TA 6944 vSphere PowerCLI is for Administrators
- Thomas Lee has some more PowerShell Master Classes coming up
Our interview is brought to you by SAPIEN Technologies, makers of PrimalScript and PrimalForms.
Hero - Batman
This segment brought to you by ServerFault.com
- PowerShell cmdlets for the Microsoft iSCSI Target 3.3
- Jonathan Medd's excellent series PowerShell 2.0 One Cmdlet at a Time is now available as a PDF
- Use PowerShell to trip text from PDFsÂ (from @Toenuff)
- Emmett Lynch shared a starter resource for getting started with PowerShell and Sharepoint
- Mapping Cluster.exe Commands to Windows PowerShell Cmdlets for Failover Clusters - Extended Edition
- Custom PowerShell Objects and Performance
If you would like to be entered to win a copy of Lee Holmes'Â PowerShell Cookbook, 2nd Ed., all you have to do is send in your PowerShell tips! We want to hear what YOU think is cool, or what you have in your profile, or some of your favorite one-liners! Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell a friend! We have FIVE copies to give away. Contest ends October 7th, so send in your entry today!