In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast, we talk to Brian and Ben from DevFarm about PowerWF and PowerSE
- MVP Sean Kearney just had an interview with Talk Technet
- The PowerShell team announces the first ever PowerShell Deep Dive Conference!
- Book News:
- Software news:
- The 2011 Scripting Games Study Guide is out
21:47 <RavikanthChaganti> ##Can we extend the editor features? Is there a public SDK?
This segment is brought to you by SAPIEN Technologies
- Profiles in PowerShell
- Shay (re)found a very cool PowerShell sidebar gadget
- Cool script toÂ remove local profiles
- Dmitry links to a video showing how to change VMware attributes using PowerGUI
- Another one from Shay: Netstat for PowerShell
- Ravikanth Chaganti has release a free eBook WMI Query Language via PowerShell
I have written my first script.Â From Jerry Lee Ford Jrâ€™s book, the script is the knock knock joke.Â And when I run it I get the message â€œexecution of scripts is disabled on this system.Â Please see get-help about-signingâ€.
So of course I want to run the script right away and so I type â€œget-executionpolicyâ€Â and I see that it is restricted. So I â€œset-executionpolicy remotesignedâ€.
Â So finally my question, can I leave â€œexecutionpolicy remotesignedâ€ ? Â Do I need to be concerned about security?Â Would I be better off to sign all my scripts?