A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast, we talk to Scripting Guy Ed Wilson about the 2011 Scripting Games!
This segment is brought to you by Start-Automating
Start Scripting to Your Fullest Potential. Â At Start-Automating, we can help you unleash the full Power of PowerShell V2. Â You can use our deep PowerShell expertise to build rich PowerShell solutions, or we can train you to use PowerShell like a pro. Isnâ€™t it time you Save-Time, Save-Money, and Start-Automating? Â Find out more at Start-Automating.com.
- The 2011 Scripting Games have been announced
- MVP Thomas Lee has announced two dates for his weekend PowerCamp in York, UK. London coming soon as well.
- SAPIEN PrimalForms 2011 has entered private beta
- The first annual Tampa IT Camp is coming March 19th!
- VMware has released the official PowerCLI poster for v4.1.1
The news is brought to you byÂ Don Jones’ 2011 PowerShell Retreat in Las Vegas
- 2011 Scripting Games Study Guide
- MVP Sean Kearney produced Scripting Games commercials:
- Easy to remember URL: http://scriptingguys.com
21:47 <jonwalz-1> You can’t see it but Hal is wearing a cool Indiana Jones shirt
21:48 <halr9000> why thank you jonwalz-1Â
21:48 <halr9000> got it from Disney
21:52 <ChadMiller-1> +1 Scripting Wife is awesome
21:53 <SQLvariant> Do I get to go in the Beginner category since I’ve never participated in the Scripting Games before? Â 🙂
21:57 <halr9000> that’s what we need in a scripting guy: a PowerShell Bigot
21:59 <Start-Automating> Ed, Boots and WPK are (slowly) merging
21:59 <jasonmarcher> like two galaxies
22:06 <halr9000> ha! I love mixed metaphors!
22:06 <halr9000> gotta rein that train in!
22:07 <halr9000> my own original: You don’t want to be the third wheel in a two horse race
22:10 <jonwalz-1> who’s going to grade the vbscripts?
This segment is brought to you by SAPIEN Technologies
- Provide Progress for Your Script
- Quick reference guide for PowerShell with Lync Server 2010
- Use PowerShell to find expired certificates
- Nice beginner walkthrough of querying SQL from PowerShell
- NetApp DataONTAP PSProvider
- Call PowerShell from ASP.NET
- Session support for PowerShell ISE!
- Speed up the reading of large text files
- Hal talks about Group-Object