In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast, we talk to Jeff Hicks about managing Active Directory with PowerShell
At Quest we are passionate about Windows PowerShell. PowerGUI Pro enables organizations to harness the power of PowerShell without the expense of training and custom scripts and applications. PowerGUI Pro solves issues regardless of the time and place by using MobileShell to remotely manage your infrastructure. Ensure scripting best practices by leveraging integration with popular Version Control systems. Automate against thousands of computers using Easy Remote Script Execution.Â Get PowerGUI Pro at quest.com/powerguipro
- Richard Siddaway posted a livemeeting recordingon PowerShell and COM objects
- Jeff Hicks is running a quick one-question survey: what PowerShell editor do you use?
- New release: AutoSPInstaller for SharePoint 2010Â v2
9:47 marcadamcarter: ## What's jeff's favorite interface for scripting?
10:08 Start-Automating-1: ## What finally got Jeff into the tokenizer and ISE add-ons ?
- Starting at the beginning - How do you install PowerShell
- Shay shows us how to create a "$now" automatic variable
- Using -contains to Find More Than One Needle In a Haystack
- Cmdlets for the Microsoft iSCSI target
- Use the ISE to Convert All Aliases
This segment brought to you by ServerFault.com
- James Brundage has a great tip on optimizing large list operations
- PowerTip from PowerShell.com: Enumerate Device Services