In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast, we talk to Josh Heller from Cisco about their Unified Computing System and managing it with PowerShell
This segment is brought to you byÂ PowerGUI Pro with MobileShell, Version Control, and Easy Remote Script Execution.
At Quest we are passionate about Windows PowerShell. PowerGUI Pro enables organizations to harness the power of PowerShell without the expense of training and custom scripts and applications. PowerGUI Pro solves issues regardless of the time and place by using MobileShell to remotely manage your infrastructure. Ensure scripting best practices by leveraging integration with popular Version Control systems. Automate against thousands of computers using Easy Remote Script Execution.Â Get PowerGUI Pro at quest.com/powerguipro
- The PowerShell has announced a PowerShell Deep Dive for Europe!
- SQL Saturday #89 Atlanta will be held at Georgia State University, September 17th
- Sybex has published Automating SharePoint 2010 with Windows PowerShell 2.0
- Aaron Nelson posted info on the new PowerShell cmdlets in SQL Denali CTP3
This segment brought to you by Start-Automating
Start Scripting to Your Fullest Potential. Â At Start-Automating, we can help you unleash the full Power of PowerShell V2. Â You can use our deep PowerShell expertise to build rich PowerShell solutions, or we can train you to use PowerShell like a pro. Isnâ€™t it time you Save-Time, Save-Money, and Start-Automating? Â Find out more atÂ Start-Automating.com.
Buzz from the Chatroom:
21:46 Â esacteksab: ## If you didn’t work for Cisco, would you think “what is a networking company doing selling server hardware?”
## comparable price per…?
22:05 Â esacteksab: ## Identity = WWPN/MAC/etc?
22:14 Â Meson3902: ## will you be giving way UCS servers tonight? 😉
(For those reading–the answer was â€œnoâ€™.)
22:19 Â esacteksab: ## is your Nexus v1000 “standard” when you purchase chassis/blades for VMware?
22:25 Â MarkDW: ## Any plans or Powershell support for other Cisco products outside of UCS?
- The EnergizedTech has posted about implementing -whatif into and advanced function
- PowerShell for Lotus Notes and Domino
- New project from James: ServerShell
- PowerShell for Quest Defender
- Speed up your PowerCLI session
- Tweet from @JeffHicks: Use Test-Connection -quiet to verify computers are up in your scripts and functions