In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast, we talk to Phil Haack and Andrew Nurse from Microsoft about NuGet and PSGet
This segment brought to you by Start-Automating
Start Scripting to Your Fullest Potential. Â At Start-Automating, we can help you unleash the full Power of PowerShell V2. Â You can use our deep PowerShell expertise to build rich PowerShell solutions, or we can train you to use PowerShell like a pro. Isnâ€™t it time you Save-Time, Save-Money, and Start-Automating? Â Find out more atÂ Start-Automating.com.
- Sean Kearneyâ€™s PowerShell Deep Dive video is up! Integrating PowerShell with Legacy Environments
- PowerSE is now a free PowerShell editor!
- Doug Finke is presenting on ShowUI at the NYC .NET meetup Tuesday August 16th
- ITPro Evangelist Matt Hester will be at the Central Ohio PowerShell Users Group Meeting September 29th
- A PowerShell users group is starting up in New Delhi
- The next Atlanta PowerShell User Group meeting is August 16th
This segment is brought to you byÂ PowerGUI Pro with MobileShell, Version Control, and Easy Remote Script Execution.
At Quest we are passionate about Windows PowerShell. PowerGUI Pro enables organizations to harness the power of PowerShell without the expense of training and custom scripts and applications. PowerGUI Pro solves issues regardless of the time and place by using MobileShell to remotely manage your infrastructure. Ensure scripting best practices by leveraging integration with popular Version Control systems. Automate against thousands of computers using Easy Remote Script Execution.Â Get PowerGUI Pro at quest.com/powerguipro
- Nuget Codeplex site
- PSGet-compatible nuget packages
- Nuget Gallery
- Phil Haackâ€™s blog
- Andrew Nurseâ€™s blog
- PSGet website
Buzz from the Chatroom:
- [21:53:07] <cutegirl> Can NuGet be used in place of exported project/item templates in visual studio Resources
- [21:56:14] <mjl135> ##So Will NuGet be able to keep PowerShell Modules up to date?
- [21:59:26] <mjl135> ## Doesn't â€˜install-pspackageâ€™ break the naming convention?
- <mjl135> ## How does the "owner" of an open source powershell module get their module added to the public feed?
- [22:12:09] <JasonMArcher> ## Is there any thought as to how to handle different types of packages... VS libraries, PowerShell Modules, etc.
- [22:12:50] <beefarino> ## any chance we'll see a nuget repository powershell provider?
- [22:17:46] <beefarino> ## if the goal is to support OSS, why allow private repositories?
- [22:28:51] <JasonMArcher> ## Can you add contributors to a package, so they could upload new versions?
- [22:29:22] <beefarino> ## any security concerns with downloading a nuget package? Â if vs is running as an admin and installs a package, any chance the package can contain a bomb?
- [22:30:05] <mjl135> ## Along with Beefarino's question are the packages signed?
- [22:34:08] <beefarino> ## any way to have someone's API key revoked?
Phil: Marcy McFly