This segment brought to you by Start-Automating
Start Scripting to Your Fullest Potential. Â At Start-Automating, we can help you unleash the full Power of PowerShell V2. Â You can use our deep PowerShell expertise to build rich PowerShell solutions, or we can train you to use PowerShell like a pro. Isnâ€™t it time you Save-Time, Save-Money, and Start-Automating? Â Find out more atÂ Start-Automating.com.
- Tomeâ€™s new PowerShell Cmdlet of the Day Podcast!
- Don Jonesâ€™ Accelerated PowerShell Masterclass for Administrators – Five day class in October
- The Singapore PowerShell User Group is meeting August 27th
- PowerShell Script Club (Zurich) meets on September 6th
This segment is brought to you byÂ PowerGUI Pro with MobileShell, Version Control, and Easy Remote Script Execution.
At Quest we are passionate about Windows PowerShell. PowerGUI Pro enables organizations to harness the power of PowerShell without the expense of training and custom scripts and applications. PowerGUI Pro solves issues regardless of the time and place by using MobileShell to remotely manage your infrastructure. Ensure scripting best practices by leveraging integration with popular Version Control systems. Automate against thousands of computers using Easy Remote Script Execution.Â Get PowerGUI Pro at quest.com/powerguipro
- About Comparison Operators (PowerShell help)
- Chapter 13 from Mastering PowerShell (free e-book)
- Mastering Regular Expressions
- @regextip on Twitter
- Regular Expression Pocket Reference
- PowerShell 2.0 Bible
Buzz from the Chatroom:
- 21:47:07] <ToENuFF> ## Where are the ninjas at?
- [21:47:22] <mjl135> ## What does get-chumby do?
- [21:47:26] <StartAutomating> ## Why would any ninja want to know the dark arts of regex?
- [21:47:30] <Josh_Atwell> ### you can’t see them…if you could then you would be dead
- [21:50:19] <RichPrescott> ## how is babby formed
- [21:50:20] <mjl135> ## Freebird!!!
- [21:51:39] <proxb> Still no power at the house so I am in my iPhone irc chat app
- [21:51:52] <JonWalz> that’s hardcore
- [21:51:58] <DanielCruz> heck yea
- [22:04:51] <mjl135> ## best feature of -match is using (?<tag>)
- [22:04:56] <RichPrescott> Anyone have a beginner’s beginners guide to Regex? Â I’m tired of falling back on select-string instead of using regex.
- [22:15:07] <mjl135> ## Define look ahead and look behinds
- [22:15:35] <mjl135> ## How do you do multi line matches in PS RegEx
- [22:38:45] <ScriptingWife> ##is there a date for next years Techtravaganza
- Regular expressions with PowerShell
- Use regular expressions to format numbers
- Doug Finke posted info from his ShowUI Presentation
- Dmitry has posted some of the slides from the Deep Dive Sessions
- Add Script Signing to the ISE
- Don Jones posted links to some great PowerShell videos