Tonight on the podcast, we are talking about MAYHEM! No, it's not a car insurance commercial, and no, it's not anything dangerous. Mayhem is a sort of automation engine for Windows that (among very many other things), has the ability to invoke PowerShell scripts when something happens. Join us live in the chatroom tonight at 9:30 PM EST!
Here's the blurb from the Mayhem website:
mayhemThere are a lot of great applications out there. But what do you do when you need to do something, but there isn’t an app for that? Mayhem is an application that lets you connect trigger events to reactions. Unlike writing a program, you simply select an event and a reaction, and then turn on the connection. Voila! No code or app required.
The power of Mayhem is that it lets you trivially connect any device or service to any other device or service. It would be impossible to list all the things you can do with Mayhem, but here are some examples:
- Use your cell phone to control your PowerPoint presentation.
- Receive an email reminder to winterize your house when the temperature drops below freezing.
- Automatically update your Facebook status to "I'm rich!" whenever Microsoft stock hits $50 a share.
- Add an auto-save feature to a program that doesn't have it.
- Pause a video automatically when you leave the room.