If you’re planning to attend PowerShell Summit North America 2015, to be held at the end of April 2015 in Charlotte, North Carolina, you should read the following important information:
- The registration site will be open from 30 October 2014 to 30 March 2015. There is about a 30-day window from the end of registration to the event itself. There are no exceptions to this cutoff.
- You should read the extremely important information about registering. It also contains links to the agenda and to the registration site.
- The agenda will be available in mid-October 2014.
- We will only have about 90 seats available due to the size of the venue. You will probably need to plan to register early, because we don’t have a magical way of making the building bigger to accommodate “just one more person.”
- We will not be holding seats for later registrations. Everything becomes available on 30 October 2014. We’ve done the “phased release” before and it was a major PITA.
- Yes, we will be recording all sessions and posting them on the PowerShell.org YouTube channel. We will not be live-streaming because the facilities don’t exist to do so. Recordings will include slides/demos and a room microphone; this will not be Channel 9-quality, but it should get the job done. Or you could, you know, show up at the live event.
If you are planning to have someone in your organization register and pay on your behalf, it is crucial that they do so using your e-mail address, not theirs. Otherwise, we may not be able to admit you to the event. This is a big deal. Please don’t mess it up.
Please help us get the word out. This is entirely a community event, run entirely by volunteers who are paying their own way to the event also. We have zero marketing and advertising budget, because we try to keep the overall costs as low as humanly possible. Set reminders to tweet, Facebook, etc. once a month and help us let the world know about the event.