- Set up new user groups with pages (as needed)
- Approve/Delete forums posts that are held for moderation (daily – this doesn’t happen often, though)
- Moderate blog comments (daily)
- Approve community-submitted calendar events (weekly)
- Assist TechLetter team with setting up Forums topics for discussing upcoming TechLetter articles (monthly)
- Identify Forums posts that have gone unanswered; raise awareness and recruit answers (often via Twitter) (at least weekly)
We’re not looking for this person to do actual WordPress maintenance at this stage. However, if you’re interested and do have WordPress experience, we could potentially tack that on. It wouldn’t be much more than approving WordPress and plugin updates on a scheduled basis, although we do have one PHP code hack that has to be maintained after core WordPress updates.
If you’re interested, please e-mail Admin right here at PowerShell.org. We’re hoping to have someone start in January. We’d obviously love a volunteer to step in and be our hero; if it goes well, we can divert some budget to making it a permanent gig. We know that sometimes the family finds it easier to have you donate your time if you’re getting a bit back in return. We’re planning to make a similar offer to other key positions, including our TechLetter Editors and TechSession Manager, in 2015 if we can.