Although we have decided to discontinue the online VERIFIED EFFECTIVE exams (as outlined previously), the organization has decided to offer the exams as a live, proctored event at the PowerShell Summit North America 2015. If all goes well, this could become a regular Summit offering.
- You must be registered to attend the Summit.
- There is no additional charge to sit the exam.
- You may not already hold a valid VERIFIED EFFECTIVE certificate.
- You will be given a written assignment and 45 minutes to complete it.
- You must bring your own laptop running any version of PowerShell (v2+).
- Your laptop must be capable of running on battery for the duration of the exam.
- You may use the Internet and other online resources; you may not discuss anything with anyone else.
- You must either bring a USB flash drive to turn in your work. The drive will be returned to you immediately.
- Grading will happen overnight, and you will be notified via e-mail. If you pass, you will be able to use the VERIFIED EFFECTIVE website to download an e-certificate. We will plan to maintain the e-certificate website through at least the end of 2016.
This offering will be limited to 65 people. Although there is no charge, you will be required to pre-register to ensure we do not overcommit the room capacity. Registration information will be sent via e-mail to all registered attendees on April 1st, 2015. Registration for the exam will be first-come, first-served.
We will not be able to accommodate individuals who are not registered to attend the Summit. That policy may change in the future, but for now that's the policy and there will be no exceptions. We have not yet made a decision about offering this for future Summit events - this is a trial, and we will gauge interest and results before making further decisions or commitments.
This exam will be the VERIFIED EFFECTIVE PowerShell Toolmaker program, in which you will be asked to write one or more advanced functions that comply with a set of specifications and exhibit a specified set of behaviors.
The day prior to the exam offering, a lunchtime briefing will be given for anyone taking the exam. During the briefing, you will receive specifics about the exam process, the grading criteria, and so on.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in