PowerShell 5 brought class based DSC Resources, which majorly simplifies the process of writing custom DSC resources.
During my time working on some custom resources, I developed some tips a long the way which should save you some time and pain during your DSC journey.
The tips cover:
- Structuring your class based DSC Resources
- Making it easier to get IntelliSense based on your DSC resources without constantly copying them into the module path
- Using PowerShell ISE IntelliSense when writing DSC configuration
- Troubleshooting resources which aren’t being exposed correctly from your DSC Module
- Testing classed based resources with Pester
Head over to https://hodgkins.io/five-tips-for-writing-dsc-resources-in-powershell-version-5 to take a look at the tips.