Since 2013, PowerShell and DevOps experts from around the world , will once again collaborate and learn how to maximize PowerShell in the workplace through fast-paced, knowledge-packed presentations. The Global Summit is the place for innovators to explore and further their knowledge of DevOps principles and practices in a Windows environment, make new connections, learn new techniques, and offer something to your peers and colleagues back at the office.
Ready to share your PowerShell or DevOps know-how? This is your official call to submit presentation ideas for selection!
What we are looking for?
The majority of our sessions will now follow a traditional 45-minute format. These sessions cover a wide variety of PowerShell and DevOps expertise. We have a number of agenda slots available for double length sessions. These sessions delve into the depths of a topic covering areas that need more than 45 minutes.
Your proposed session should fit into one of the following areas:
- PowerShell Internals (Advanced to Master Content) – A deep-dive into the inner workings of PowerShell and practical solutions that can be built from them.
- PowerShell Features Deep Dive (Intermediate to Advanced Content) – These presentations are focused on configuring and working with existing PowerShell features and capabilities.
- DevOps in Practice (Beginner to Intermediate) – A comprehensive look at putting the DevOps principles into practice. These presentations should focus on what you’re doing and how you’re doing it with DevOps.
Advanced DevOps in Practice sessions will also be considered.
We are open to presentations across the entire ecosystem that have been built around PowerShell or the various DevOps tools—this includes Microsoft platforms and products that have PowerShell-based management tools or third party products. New topics will be preferred over the recycling of older topics. However, we are still open to sessions on ‘older’ topics that address areas of great confusion or uncertainty.
What kinds of sessions get selected?
Using previous feedback from our community, we’re expanding the scope of our content this year. While OnRamp will take care of those new to the PowerShell/DevOps world, we’re looking to fill the other gaps with intermediate content and progressing all the way to the industry masters.
We look for an abstract that compells us to want to see your session—so spend time writing a great abstract! We want real-world usability combined with “Wow, nobody talks about THAT” awesomeness. We want to see the code. Don’t just talk about it—this is a PowerShell summit, not a PowerPoint summit. If your session isn’t predominately demonstrations, it’s probably not right for the Summit.
Summit presentations are intense and intimate, often with plenty of audience interaction. You must expect questions and discussions. This is not a “lecture to the audience” event.
We’re always happy to discuss proposed sessions. If you have any doubts about the suitability of a particular session, please contact us: summit AT PowerShell DOT org
- All sessions are to be delivered in English.
- Presenter will provide all equipment needed to deliver session(s), including a laptop or other computer.
- Presenter must be able to provide video by means of HDMI, DVI-D, or DisplayPort connectors – VGA is NOT supported.
- Presenter must be able to manually select an appropriate screen resolution for video output. Typically, 1024×768 or 1280×720 are preferred.
Internet connectivity is available in the conference center but bandwidth is limited. If you rely on connecting to the cloud for your sessions, consider recording any demonstrations as a contingency.
How do I submit my presentation abstract?
- Go to – https://www.papercall.io/summit2019
- Click Speak at PowerShell and DevOps Global Summit 2019 (scroll down to the bottom right and find the big green button).
- Login using Twitter, Facebook or one of the other options.
- Complete the form. The name field will show your email address. Please ensure your full name is in the Bio field, this will make communication easier.
- Click submit.
Please contact summit AT PowerShell DOT org if you have any issues or problems.
When can I submit?
Enter your presentation submissions immediately! We will start selecting presentations as soon as they arrive, so you don’t want to miss out. The last day we will accept presentation submissions will be Monday, October 1, 2018. This is a hard deadline – No sessions will be accepted after this date.
When will I know?
You will be informed if one or more of your presentations have been selected and notified by Thursday, October 11, 2018. Your notification email will include any further actions you need to take. We will notify all potential speakers by Tuesday, October 23, 2018 if their sessions haven’t been accepted.
Speakers with accepted sessions will be given free admission to the event, including attendance at all official Summit activities. Speakers may not bring guests to the day sessions or evening events.
Selected Speakers will receive an honorarium at a valuation of $400 for a 45-minute session and $800 for a double session, to assist with traveling and accommodation expenses. This will be made in the form of a US-only Prepaid VISA card. International speakers may be given the option of receiving a cheque or PayPal payment if needed. You will be contacted in advance of the event as to preference.
The final agenda will be posted on PowerShell.Org early November 2018.
We look forward to your expertise in making PowerShell and DevOps Global Summit 2019 the most valuable IT/Dev conference of the year!