PowerShell.org is an activity of The DevOps Collective, Inc., a US 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity. We have no legal owners; by definition, we are owned by the US public. As a charity, it is a violation of US law for any individual or entity to gain a financial benefit (e.g., a "profit") from the organization. Thus, we do not have shareholders or other owners.
We have two broad goals within the PowerShell and DevOps community:
- Provide educational opportunities to members of the community either for free or at a break-even cost
- Provide members of the community with opportunities (and a platform from which) to help each other
Meet the Team
We have an all-volunteer staff:
- Don Jones (DonJ@) is President. Note that Don's work obligations have him stepping back from daily operations here; if you need assistance, consider contacting one of our other team members first.
- James Petty (JamesP@) is our CEO, in charge of daily operations.
- VACANT - Director of Finance and Treasurer
- Missy Januszko and Warren Frame are our Directors of Summit Content (reach them via content@).
- Jeffrey Bernt (JeffB@) is our is our Director of Global Events.
- Mike Kanakos (MikeK@, Saturdays@) is our Director of Community Engagement, including our PowerShell Saturday Booster Programs.
- Tommy Maynard is a regular contributing writer for PowerShell.org.
Our webmaster@ email alias will get messages to whomever is responsible for the website from moment to moment.
We would like to recognize four former Board members (from our pre-nonprofit days) for their valuable service:
- Kirk Munro, who helped co-found the organization
- Dave Wyatt, who pioneered (and still manages) our online build service
- Jason Helmick who did significant work in establishing the organization as a non-profit and helped build our community.
- Richard Siddaway who did significant work in establishing our community and Summit.
- Chris Gannon-Jones who was our event and logistics Director since day 1.
We have a team of dedicated volunteers that are scouring the internet every week to deliver the most interesting happenings in the world of PowerShell weekly. They are:
- Mark Roloff - Content Research
- Robin Dadswell - Content Research
- Prasoon Karunan - Content Research
These folks work hard to approve posts, maintain sanity in the forums, and draw community attention to posts needing a response. They're reachable via email at forums@ if you notice a problem in the Forums.
- James Ruskin
- Alexander Wittig
- Wes Stahler
Social Media Manager
Harjit Dhaliwal manages our social media accounts, and can be reached via socialmedia@.
We offer the following programs:
- PowerShell.org (this website)
- A PowerShell Saturday Booster Program
- Annual PowerShell + DevOps Global Summit event
- NEW in 2020 - DevOps + Automation Summit
- Scholarships for Summit attendance
- An educational program designed to accelerate entrance into the IT Ops field (via DevOpsCollective.org)
- A series of free educational ebooks around DevOps and PowerShell
- Free short-subject training videos