- This event has passed.
PowerShell Object Formatting with Dave Goldman
November 4 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm UTC-8
Join the SoCal PowerShell User Group as Dave Goldman takes us through formatting your PowerShell objects. From Dave:
“If you work with PowerShell output and want to learn how to massage your data to work better for you, this will be a great presentation. I will be covering how PowerShell formats output objects it creates, how formatting is determined and how you can create your own custom formatting views.
To be covered:
1. What a PowerShell object is
2. How objects are passed down the pipeline from start to finish
3. How PowerShell generate views for objects it creates (Table, List, Wide, Custom objects)
4. Dive in to PowerShell’s default view templates
5. Breakdown of the view templates files
6. What the DefaultDisplayPropertySets value is and how it is used
7. How to create your own custom views for your objects
a. How to do it in your local PowerShell sessions
b. How to add this to a PowerShell module you may have created
My name is Dave Goldman, I live in Charlotte and I am a 20 year veteran of Microsoft working in the O365 space.”
Dave can be found on Twitter at the handle @matrixsurfer128.
A link to the Microsoft Teams meeting for this event will be sent to all registered attendees at 5PM the day of the event.