A Systems Administrator's Wish List for "Enterprise-class" Software

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nathan Hartley Nathan Hartley 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Nathan Hartley
    Nathan Hartley

Over the years I have worked with many third party applications and now have to support well over a dozen. I have found that most software vendors focus their energy on the end user features; while neglecting the support, maintenance, business continuity and, often, the security aspects of their application.

After searching and not finding anything quite like it, I have created a Google Document which lists concepts and features of interest to someone charged with maintaining an enterprise sized software package. I saw it both as a document that could be used in the selection process, when choosing a new system; as well as, a list that could be given to a software vendor in hopes that they may take these ideas into account when developing their application.

I am sharing this document, because I believe many of you may also be struggling with the same issues. I was hoping that either; someone would tell me that I am re-inventing the wheel, then direct me to a similar effort; that others might find this effort worth while and join in to create first draft; or even, that someone my steer me down a new path all together.

Here it is, the Systems Administrator'sWish List for "Enterprise-class" Software.

Note that I am not sold on the name or format in any way, at this stage, I just wanted to get some ideas in writing.

Thanks for reading this far,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.